Here are all of the Flyers that went home in your child’s Friday Folder this week !!
September 2016 Newsletter
Parent Teacher Conference Info
Relay For Life Dance
Happy Birthday IceCream
Congratulations to 5th Grade teacher Julie McGee for being elected by the Taylor Faculty and Staff as our 2016 Teacher of the Year! Mrs. McGee will now move on to the County Level to represent Taylor Elementary.
Congratulations Cafeteria Staff
This week Mrs. Elena Almeida, our cafeteria manager, and the cafeteria staff received a score of 100 on their health inspection! Great job cafeteria staff!
Monday, September 5th is student and staff holiday. The school will be closed that day.
Enjoy your long weekend!
Parent/Teacher Conference Registration
Early Release conferences will be conducted at the end of the month. Taylor students will be dismissed at 12:50 pm on Wednesday, September 28th and Thursday, September, 29th. Please be sure to note these important schedule changes. The lunch schedule does change and students may eat in their classrooms. Please Note: No student checkout after 12:15 pm
To schedule your conference(s), simply go to our school’s website http://www.ketaylorelementary.com/home.html and click on the green conference link box.
There you will be able to see all teachers’ schedules and sign up for a time that best suits your schedule. The deadline to schedule conferences online is September 13, 2016. If you need to schedule or reschedule after that date, please contact the teacher directly. Computers will be available at Taylor for you to sign-up there as well.
We look forward to seeing you during conference week.
AdvanceEd Parent Survey – We need your input!
All parents who did not take the AdvancED parent survey during curriculum night are encouraged to participate. This survey is an important part of our accreditation process this year. Please click here to access the survey.
Please remember when visiting your child for lunch that fast food of any kind, carbonated drinks, and drinks in a glass container are not permitted in the cafeteria.
Parents are welcome to bring a special snack to celebrate a student birthday. However, party hats, balloons, etc. are not permitted.
Free & Reduced Lunch Applications
If you are on the free and reduced program and have not re-applied as of today, you need to do so immediately if you are in need of assistance. The grace period ends on September 19, 2016. Students without an approved application will change to Full Pay on September 20th. To complete your application, log onto the school website and select Free/Reduced Lunch from the quick links box. An application needs to be completed every child in your house hold each school year.
Local School Council 2016-2017
As our school year begins, Local School Council meetings are a way to involve parents and inform them of the great things that are happening at Taylor Elementary.
Members of the Local School Council must maintain a school-wide perspective on issues, regularly participate in council meetings, participate in information and training programs, as a link between the Local School Council and the community, encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community and work to improve student achievement and performance.
Anynone interested in serving on our school council should contact Mrs. Paula Cobb at email@example.com school office by September 16, 2016. No elections will be held this year, all interested parents are invited to participate. Our first meeting will be held on Friday, September 30th at 8:00am.
- Parents, the new character word of the month is Respect. Please talk with your child about what it means to be respectful. Consider reading stories that incorporate the character word. The following websites may also be helpful: http://thebekindpeopleproject.org/ ; http://www.search-institute.org/
- Peer Leader Applications are in the box outside of Teshia Dula’s office. If your child is interested, please ask them to fill out an application by September 9, 2016.
Gwinnett Parks & Rec. Programs
Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation is sponsoring a “Give Us Your Best Shot” Photo Contest.
Amateur photographers, of ALL AGES, are being asked to show us, through their own photographs, how they “Play, Live, Learn” in their favorite Gwinnett County Parks!
I have attached a copy of our contest flyer with all of the details in the hopes that you can let your students and their families know about this fun and FREE contest.
Gwinnett County Parks & Recreation and specifically Rhodes Jordan Park. offers a variety of classes and community programs to the parents and students of Gwinnett. Attached you will find flyers for two of these events- our Missed It Movie Series and a Fall Family Campout at Tribble Mill Park.
Parent/Guardian Contact Information
We must keep updated information on all of our students in case of an emergency. Parents, please have send a written note if there is any change in address or phone number for your home, work, and/or cell phones or email address.
Our school has a registered nurse that works in the clinic every day. The nurse will help with minor injuries and administer any doctor or parent authorized (in writing) medication that students need to take while at school. If your child becomes sick while they are at school, the school nurse will contact you to come check them out of school. Students with a fever of 101 degrees must go home.
Afternoon Transportation Changes
If you must make a change to your child’s afternoon transportation please be aware of the following procedures:
- We must receive transportation changes in writing the morning that the change will take place. For the safety of your child; we will not accept phone calls for transportation changes.
- A note must be sent every time you make a change to your child’s normal routine unless the change is for one consecutive week (5 consecutive days max). If you student(s) need a week-long (Monday – Friday) change, please send a note on the first day of the change.
In order to ensure your child arrives at the right location:
- We WILL NOT accept any changes after 12:00 noon.
- Be specific in your note (teacher name, address where they will go, name of person/daycare your child should be delivered to).
- We WILL NOT accept any phone calls for transportation changes.
A Few Reminders for Car Rider Dismissal…
- Car rider numbers are required for all afternoon pickups. If a car rider number is not displayed, you will be asked to park your car and go to the front office with your ID.
- We will be ending car rider pickup at 3:40 PM. After 3:40, all remaining children will be taken to the main office for checkout. You will need to park your car and go to the front office to check your child out. ID must be shown for your child to be released.
- Please do not exit your car during car rider dismissal. Also, all students must enter automobiles from the passenger side of the car.
- September 5th – No School
- September 8th – Cub Scout RoundUp 7:00pm
- September 9th – PTA Relay For Life Dance
- September 14th – All Pro Dads
- September 20th – 22nd – CogAT Testing (Grades 1, 2 & 5)
- September 28th & 29th – Early Release
- September 30th – Fall Pictures
- September 30th – Local School Council